Web Archive‎ > ‎2011‎ > ‎Senior - Match Reports 2011‎ > ‎

Senior 'B' vs Cromane - County League - 9/4/11

posted 10 Apr 2011, 10:38 by Laune Rangers   [ updated 10 Apr 2011, 10:39 by Laune Rangers ]

Laune Rangers: 3-06

Cromane: 1-09

This round of the County League saw Laune Rangers host Cromane in this battle of the parish. After an enjoyable game of football, Laune Rangers emerged victorious on a scoreline of Laune Rangers 3-06 – 1-09 Cromane. Cromane’s Seán O’Sullivan opened the scoring straight from the throw in but it wasn’t long before Laune Rangers centre forward, Colm O’Shea, put one over for the homeside to level the game at a point apiece. Cromane had a good goal chance in the 6th minute when John O’Sullivan sent a lovely ball across the square, Paul O’Sullivan connected with the pass but sent it wide. Dermot Houlihan put the visitors ahead in the 9th minute with a well taken point. Colm O’Shea got Laune Rangers first goal in the 11th minute after a good run through the centre to let the game 1-01 to 0-02 in the home side’s favour. O’Shea was again on hand in the 16th minute when he scored Rangers and his second goal of the game. Cromane replied with two frees in the 17th and 18th minutes from Michéal Shaughnessy and Seán O’Sullivan respectively. Colm O’Shea and Seán O’Sullivan swapped points in the minutes that followed to let the game 2-02 to 0-05 with 5 minutes left in the half. Ryan Lucey pointed for the launesiders in the 29th minute after being on the receiving end of a good ball from Cormac Johnston to extend their lead to 4 points. In the 30th minute, Laune Rangers were awarded a penalty when Garry Flynn was pulled down inside the box. Colm O’Shea made no mistake in finding to net to secure his hat-trick, letting the game 3-03 to 0-05. Cromane had a final goal chance but Rangers keeper, Jason Browne, pulled off a fine save to a Sean O’Sullivan shot and the short whistle sounded leaving the game 3-03 to 0-5 in Laune Rangers favour. A Paul O’Sullivan free opened the second half scoring in the 5th minute of play. Michéal Shaughnessy added his second of the game in the 11th minute with a free to close Rangers lead to 6points. A Cromane 45′ was kicked short to Liam Walsh who pointed in the 14th minute. Seán O’Sullivan added another in the 18th minute to further reduce Rangers lead to 3 points making for an exciting final 10 minutes. Garry Flynn kept Laune Rangers lead safe when he pointed in the 20th minute. Laune Rangers substitute, Keith Sheehan, pointed twice in the 24th and 26th minutes to leave the game 3-06 to 0-09 in the closing minutes of the game. Cromane continued to pressure the Laune Rangers backline and Seán O’Sullivan found a way through in the 29th minute of the half and left off a rocket of a shot which found it’s way to the back of the Laune Rangers goal. It was too little too late for the visitors and referee Jim O’Connor blew the final whistle soon after to let the game, 3-06 to 1-09 in the home side’s favour.


Laune Rangers: Jason Browne, Darren O’Riordan, Eoin Ferris, Michael O’Sullivan, Morgan O’Sullivan, Cormac Johnston, Chris Riordan, Tom McGillycuddy, Mark Healy, John Ahern, Colm O’Shea, Ryan Lucey, Eamonn Carey, Jack O’Connor, Shane O’Connor. SUBS: Garry Flynn, Keith Sheehan, Ian Costelloe.

Cromane: Darren Crowe, Peter O’Reilly, Noel O’Reilly, Stephen Foley, John O’Sullivan, John Mike Foley, Liam Teahan, Niall Dennehy, Liam Walsh, Seán O’Sullivan, Paul O’Sullivan, Dermot Houlihan, Emmet Casey, Michéal Shaughnessy, Deavon Flaherty.