Web Archive‎ > ‎2011‎ > ‎Senior - Match Reports 2011‎ > ‎

Laune Rangers B vs Asdee - Sat. 23rd July

posted 24 Jul 2011, 09:48 by Laune Rangers   [ updated 24 Jul 2011, 09:48 by Laune Rangers ]
County League - Division 5 South - Saturday 23rd July

Laune Rangers B: 1-16
Asdee:                  3-10

Laune Rangers hosted Asdee on Saturday evening in the 3rd Round of Phase 2 of the County League. Laune Rangers were in search of their first win of Phase 2 while Asdee wanted to pick up their second two points after being awarded the points in their first game against Dingle.

Laune Rangers started very strong with points from Eamonn Carey (2) and Colm O'Shea inside the opening two minutes of play. Asdee answered in the 4th minute with a pointed free from the boot of Jeremiah Tydings. Tydings was again on hand soon after, he slotted the ball over the Rangers bar to leave a point between the sides with 5 minutes played. Eamonn Carey pushed Laune Rangers lead back out to two points in the 11th minute. Colm O'Shea added his second for the home side in the minutes that followed to extend their lead some more. Asdee registered their first goal of the evening mid-way through the half when Eoin O'Mahoney was in on goal but was pulled down and a penalty was awarded. Jeremiah Tydings stepped up the take the resulting kick and made no mistake in slotting to ball to the bottom left hand corner of the net to leave the score 0-04 to 1-02 in Asdee's favour. Asdee extended their lead to two points with 18 minutes played as midfielder, Padraig Ruddle, got his name on the scoresheet. Laune Rangers replied with two points including a well taken Aaron Gamble effort to level the game with 8 minutes left to play in the first half. Asdee regained the lead in the 23rd minute with a point from full forward, Eoin Kennedy. Laune Rangers finished the half strongly with 3 points, the pick of these being a super Shane O'Connor effort. Both sides swapped points in the dying minutes of the half to leave the game 0-10 to 1-05 in Laune Rangers favour at the short whistle.

Eamonn Carey opened the second half scoring with a point for the home side in the second minute. Jeremiah Tydings increased his personal tally with a pointed free with 5 minutes played. Laune Rangers continued to control the game and went further ahead with points from substitute, Sean T. O'Connor and Eamonn Carey (2) to leave Rangers 0-14 to 1-06 ahead with 12 minutes of the second half played. Jeremiah Tydings got one back for the visitors mid-way through the half to narrow Rangers lead some what. Laune Rangers went through for their goal on 18 minutes when a good pass from Jeremy O'Callaghan to Sean T. O'Connor saw O'Connor chip the ball passed Michael Tydings in the Asdee goal. The goal put Rangers 1-14 to 1-07 ahead and it looked at though Rangers were going to register their first win of Phase 2. Asdee however weren't going to let this happen and continued to attack in waves. Eoin O'Mahoney pointed for the visitors soon after. This was quickly joined by another Jeremiah Tydings pointed free to leave 5 points between the sides with less than 10 minutes to play. Laune Rangers added two further points to their tally from the boot of Colm O'Shea (free) and Eamonn Carey to extend their lead back out to 7 points with 7 minutes to play. Asdee continued to battle hard and when they were awarded a free just outside the 21 yard line, some quick thinking from full forward, Eoin Kennedy, saw the free taken quick, catching Laune Rangers unawares. The ball made it's way passed keeper, Jason Browne, into the Laune Rangers goal. This left the game 1-16 to 2-09 with just 3 minutes left to play. Asdee pointed in the 28th minute with wing forward Liam McElligott adding his name to the scoresheet. At this point Laune Rangers were rattled and Asdee went in search of a further goal to level the game. They were rewarded when on 30 minutes Liam McElligott went on a run up the sideline. McElligott was fouled and Jeremiah Tydings stepped up to take the free. Tydings' kick dropped short into the Laune Rangers box and was punched out by Jack O'Connor who was waiting on the line. Eoin O'Mahoney took the dropping ball and slipped it into the back of the Rangers net. Laune Rangers were awarded a last minute free which would have seen them steal the points but it wasn't to be. Final score: Laune Rangers 1-16 - 3-10 Asdee.


Laune Rangers:
Vincent Costello, Liam McCarthy, Jer O'Sullivan, Eoin O'Sullivan, Luke Bradley, Cormac Johnston, Aaron Gamble, Jack O'Connor, Jeremy O'Callaghan, Shane O'Connor, Colm O'Shea, Keith Sheehan, Gavin O'Shea, Podge Foley, Eamonn Carey. SUBS: Jason Browne, Ian Costelloe, Rikus O'Connor, Sean T. O'Connor.

Asdee: Michael Tydings, Danny Dalton, Martin Collins, Brian Collins, Kieran McElligott, Paul O'Carroll, Kenneth Tydings, John Doran, Padraig Ruddle, Liam McElligott, Jeremiah Tydings, Con Carmody, Eoin O'Mahoney, Eoin Kennedy, Darren Russell.