Web Archive‎ > ‎2011‎ > ‎Senior - Match Reports 2011‎ > ‎

B's vs Kilgarvan - Co.League - 26/06/11

posted 26 Jun 2011, 09:16 by Laune Rangers   [ updated 26 Jun 2011, 09:18 by Laune Rangers ]
County League - Laune Rangers B vs Kilgarvan

Laune Rangers B:    1-08
Kilgarvan:               0-13

Laune Rangers B played host to Kilgarvan in their Division 5, Phase 2 encounter on Sunday afternoon.

Laune Rangers opened the scoring with a fisted point from Podge Foley. Kilgarvan's Paul Gleeson and Rangers Eamonn Carey swapped points in the minutes that followed leaving the score 0-02 to 0-01 in Rangers favour with 6 minutes played. Kilgarvan replied with points from Glenn Egan and Michael P. O'Sullivan to take the lead. In the 13th minute, Laune Rangers were awarded a penalty when Podge Foley was fouled. Colm O'Shea took the resulting kick but was denied by the upright, the rebound came down to Eamonn Carey whose shot was well saved by Flor O'Donoghue in the Kilgarvan net but was deflected out to Rangers Colm O'Shea. O'Shea hammered the ball into the back of the net giving Rangers a 1-02 to 0-03 lead. Rangers wing forward, Shane O'Connor, left the goal between the sides when he pointed in the 14th minute. Kilgarvan's Glenn Egan narrowed the home sides lead when his shot was deflected over the bar. A well worked point from Donal O'Sullivan left the minimum between the sides mid-way through the half. Two further points from Kilgarvan's Glenn Egan and Kieran O'Sullivan (free) saw Kilgarvan hold a one point advantage at the short whistle. Half-Time score: Laune Rangers B: 1-03 - 0-07: Kilgarvan.

Colm O'Shea opened the second half scoring with a point for the homeside in the second minute. Glenn Egan and Sean O'Connor swapped points soon after to leave the game level at 1-05 to 0-08 with 6 minutes played. In the 9th minute Rangers re-took the lead with another Colm O'Shea free. This lead didn't last long however as Kieran O'Sullivan was on hand for the visitors to level the scores once more. A fisted Glenn Egan point in the 13th minute was quickly cancelled by a Colm O'Shea point from a free, ensuring the game was still level mid-way through the second half. A 10 minute period followed where no score was registered but both sides having wides. In the 24th minute of the half, Kilgarvan's corner back, Con Godfrey, took a shot from out by the 45' which sailed over to give the visitors the advantage. Kilgarvan continued to pressure the Laune Rangers backs and went forward with wave after wave of attack. Kieran O'Sullivan increased his personal tally for the evening when he again pointed with 5 minutes left on the clock giving Kilgarvan a 2 point advantage. Kilrgarvan were awarded a free in the 26th minute and Kieran O'Sullivan made no mistake extending their lead further. Jack O'Connor got his name on the scoresheet for the home side in the 28th minute, but it wasn't enough to take the win and Kilgarvan ran out winners at the full-time whistle. Final score: Laune Rangers: 1-08 - 0-13: Kilgarvan.


Jason Browne, Brendan Aherne, Ger O'Sullivan, Rikus O'Connor, Aaron Gamble, Mark Healy, Liam Clifford, Jack O'Connor, Colm O'Shea, Sean O'Connor, Eamonn Carey, Shane O'Connor, Paudie O'Shea, Podge Foley, Gavin O'Shea. SUBS USED: Daire Clifford, Liam McCarthy, David O'Sullivan.

KILGARVAN: Flor O'Donoghue, Con Godfrey, Patrick O'Sullivan, Derry O'Sullivan, Michael P. O'Sullivan, Jeremiah Kelliher, Kevin O'Connor, Connie Cremin, Seamus Cremin, Conor Shortall, Kieran O'Sullivan, Mike Godfrey, Glenn Egan, Paul Gleeson, Donal O'Sullivan.