Web Archive‎ > ‎2011‎ > ‎Senior - Match Reports 2011‎ > ‎

B's vs Kilcummin B - Co.League - 15/5/11

posted 15 May 2011, 08:48 by Laune Rangers   [ updated 15 May 2011, 08:49 by Laune Rangers ]

County League – Laune Rangers B vs Kilcummin B – 15/5/11

Laune Rangers B:     2-06
Kilcummin B:            0-15

Laune Rangers hosted Kilcummin B on Sunday afternoon in the next round of the County League. After a close game of football, either team could have taken the victory but it was to be Kilcummin B who kept their composure to take the points.
Laune Rangers got the best possible start to the game with a goal in the first minute from corner forward, Gavin O’Shea, however Kilcummin B responded with 4 points in the next 10 minutes, the pick of these being an Ian Devane effort. Kilcummin had a goal chance in the 12th minute, when corner forward, Colm Guilfoyle, raced towards goal but a great save from Laune Rangers keeper, Jason Browne, ensured that the away team were denied. Jack O’Connor levelled the game in the 14th minute when he pointed for the Launesiders (1-01 to 0-04). Laune Rangers registered their second goal of the afternoon in the 17th minute when Keith Sheehan went through on goal after being on the receiving end of a good pass from Aaron Gamble, Sheehan made no mistake in finding the back of the Kilcummin net to give Rangers’ the lead, 2-01 to 0-04. Kilcummin finished the half strong with points from Ger Sheehan & Ian Devane (2 frees) & a Darragh McCarthy effort to leave the score level at the short whistle. The visitors had a goal chance at the end of the half when Colm Guilfoyle was through however, Jason Browne, in the Rangers’ goal was again on hand to make an excellant save. Half-time score: Laune Rangers B 2-01 to 0-07 Kilcummin B.
Kilcummin took the lead at the re-start with three points in-a-row, a Richie O’Connor effort and two converted frees from Ger Sheehan and Ian Devane. Darren O’Riordan replied for the home side with a well taken point. Another converted, Ian Devane, free in the 7th minute pushed Kilcummin’s lead back out to three points. Both sides swapped points in the 14th and 16th minutes with Richie O’Connor pointing for the visitors and Gavin O’Shea increasing his tally for the hosts. Aaron Gamble added his name to the scoresheet mid-way through the half to let the score 0-12 to 2-04 in Kilcummin’s favour. Darren O’Riordan left just the narrowest of margins between the sides in the 18th minute, making for an exciting final 10minutes. Soon after, Laune Rangers goalkeeper, Jason Browne, pulled off another save, again denying another Colm Guilfoyle shot to kept Laune Rangers in the game. Ian Devane increased his personal tally for the visitors in the 21st minute giving the them a 2 point advantage. Ger Sheehan and Daniel O’Leary added two more for Kilcummin in the 24th and 25th minutes. Eoin O’Sullivan scored a lovely point for the homesiders in the 27th minute, but it wasn’t enough the take the points. Final score: Laune Rangers B 2-06 – 0-15 Kilcummin B.


LAUNE RANGERS B: Jason Browne, Eoin O’Sullivan, Cormac Johnston, David O’Sullivan, Keith Sheehan, Christopher Riordan, Michael O’Sullivan, Mark Healy, Jack O’Connor, Ian Costelloe, Eamonn Carey, Darren O’Riordan, Gavin O’Shea, Eoin Ferris, Aaron Gamble. SUBS: Finan Brosnan, Liam McCarthy, Vinney Costello, John Foley.

KILCUMMIN B: Diarmuid O’Donoghue, Muiris Healy, Kevin McSweeney, Daniel O’Keeffe, Eric O’Connor, John O’Keeffe, Darragh McCarthy, Pat O’Donoghue, Ian Devane, Mikey O’Shea, Richie O’Connor, Sean B. Doherty, Colm Guilfoyle, Denis O’Sullivan, Ger Sheehan. SUBS: Daniel O’Leary.